Monday, September 21, 2009

My Bucket List




This is not a to-do list. It's a guideline of sorts - and it will change along the way. Life is about working with what you have and making the best out of everything you've. So, here is my humble little list - for me to recreate my own life. Baby steps, before it grows to 100.

###
After much self-reflection, i realise no matter how much i love my friends, there are some emotions that no one can ever understand. Like the friend who assumes that she knows me and reads my text message the way she thinks she knows me, i am disappointed and yet, elated that i've proven myself right - no one will love and know me as much as I do.

So, i will live and care for myself first, before i want to go out of my way for others. Put simply, people don't remember the good and the not-so-bad bits that one has. Face it.


###


1. Complete my degree
2. Live in a new city for at least 2 years, every other 5 years ideally until i find a city i truly love.
3. Fall in love
4. Watch the Niagara Falls
5. Visit South Africa for at least 2 weeks
6. Write a fictional book & have it published
7. Own at least $250,000 in cash by the time I turn 38. Let’s worry about the currency later. :)
8. Learn to drive
9. Be at my ideal weight before I turn 30
10. Have a photo exhibition of the people I love
11. Learn two new languages before I turn 40
12. Own my own place before I turn 36
13. Have a job that I truly enjoy [again] (after accomplishing point no. 1)
14. Start my own business (or have a sideline)
15. Cook really well and to own a signature dish
16. Have the courage to do a brazilian wax
17. Watch Oprah Winfrey LIVE
18. Learn how to dance tango
19. Visit Disneyland with the people I love
20. Visit Paris before I turn 30 (with my mother)
21. Be debt-free by the time I turn 32
22. Bring my parents for a holiday they’ll never forget
23. Make my own fruit preserves
24. Host a party for the people I love – just because.
25. Attend a yoga holiday every once a year when I am officially debt-free
26. Have a family portrait taken when the baby niece is due
27. Have dinner @ El Bulli, Rose (Spain)
28. Have dinner @ The French Laundry, California (U.S.A)
29. Write to my favourite Advanced PR teacher from Ngee Ann Poly at least once a year (just so that she won’t forget about me)

No comments: