Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Love, in a nutshell



I've always had this image in my mind, of how falling in love would be like. Floaty. Like the sea-angel.

###
I would feel like the most beautiful girl in the world. With my hair always in place, and i will smell of roses + vanilla, naturally no less. Without the oily sheen on my skin, so that my cheeks and forehead are always kissable. Where i will wear the most beautiful pointy heels and never tire even if i were to be walking on cobblestone. Never have sweaty palms when i hold his hand on a hot summer night. Where sex (or making love as some would like it to be known) will be beautiful, slow and with my kind of music playing; gentle and fulfilling - complementing the rhythm at which two souls find their union and pleasure. That's of course, unrealistic.

###

The kind of love that i feel of the people around me are full of responsibilities, obligations & resentment. Why?

Am i asking for too much? Do i need to look like every skinny girl on the streets before i come across someone who would see me and embrace my difference? My loud thoughts? My overwhelming sense of love?


The fragility of love and life cannot be emphasised enough. Why don't people treasure what they have until they've lost it? Why do i feel like i am the better choice for you? And that you were indeed, meant for me?

Love, is not about possession. I don't need to have you, to know that i love you. Just to make you happy - makes me happy. Perhaps, this love will die eventually, but for know, i hope that you will let me shower you with this care and love that oozes out of my every pore. You're the one who keeps me going. Really.

No comments: